Fire Danger Key
- Fires do not readily start.
- Fires that do start spread slowly with low resistance to control.
- Fires can start from most accidental causes, but the number of starts is generally low.
- Fires burn at moderate intensities, heavy fuel concentrations will burn hot.
- Fires start easily from most causes.
- Control of fires can become difficult if initial attack not initiated promptly, especially in heavy fuels.
- Most fires controlled within first burning period.
- Fires start readily and spread quickly.
- Resistance to control is high, as is the potential for large fires.
- Fire behavior is often erratic,"blow up"potential is high.
- Severe fire conditions, potential for fire disaster is high.
- Direct attack of fires is virtually impossible, fires often escape initial attack.
- Fire behavior is erratic, "blow ups" may be expected.
- Resistance to control is high, fires not usually controlled until burning subsides.